Thursday, August 1, 2013

Back in the swing...

I must apologise for my long absence from Blogger. I don't really know why but life has been rather hectic recently, work has been busy and I haven't made the made the time that I should have for blogging. I've said a proper sorry over on Miniatures make me happy so I won't repeat it here.

During the last couple of months I've been asked quite a few times what my next post will be here. "What's next to come out of the suitcase?" I really like that people are interested and I've often bored them with tales of the things to come - I just haven't managed to actually write about them.

I suppose part of my reluctance is that I don't want to rush through this project. It's obviously finite and one day I will have gone through all the objects and it will all be over.

So, in the spirit of procrastination, I'm going to delay the next object for a little longer.

Meantime, I would like to draw your attention to Mount Ephraim House's new Facebook page which is doing rather well. Pat spent the last seven years of her life at Mount Ephraim and because the wonderful staff looked after her so well there, I'm keen to let everyone know about the amazing work they do.

I love that I can now easily see what the residents are up to, which has recently included a boat trip, fishing, and a very successful garden party, on a daily basis. It's also lovely to see families interacting with the page - a thoroughly modern way of communicating with relatives.

Of course, if you want a bit more detail you can always visit the home's blog.

2 comments: